Meaning: Breath, Vapor
Main Origin Language: Hebrew
In 2017 the name Abel...
• was given to 2,686 baby boys
• was the 146th most popular name for baby boys
• was 185% more popular than it was ten years ago
• was most popular in West Virginia, Arkansas, and Arizona
• was least popular in Vermont, Deleware, and New Jersey
Babies Named Abel Born Per Year
Created by BabyNameInstitute.com
Historically the name Abel...
• achieved it's highest popularity in 2015
• achieved it's lowest popularity in 1952
• is 1011% more common in the 2010s than it was in the 1950s
• is 258% more common in the 2010s than it was in the 1990s
Rank Popularity of Baby Name Abel Per State
Geographically the name Abel...
• 35% more popular west of the Mississippi than east of the Mississippi
Boy Names With Similar Spelling
Girl Names With Similar Spelling
Average Age of Benjamin
Benjamin is older than 83% of all names
More information on Abel by the Baby Name Institute
• What are the chances
a kid named Abel will be the only kid named Abel in his class?
• How does Abel rank among the top 2,500
names of the year?