Meaning: Son Of Anders
Main Origin Language: Scandinavian
In 2017 the name Anderson...
• was given to 1,190 baby boys
• was the 295th most popular name for baby boys
• was 28% more popular than it was ten years ago
• was most popular in Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Maryland
• was least popular in Idaho, New Mexico, and Wyoming
Babies Named Anderson Born Per Year
Created by BabyNameInstitute.com
Historically the name Anderson...
• achieved it's highest popularity in 2012
• achieved it's lowest popularity in 1963
• is 1033% more common in the 2010s than it was in the 1950s
• is 610% more common in the 2010s than it was in the 1990s
Rank Popularity of Baby Name Anderson Per State
Geographically the name Anderson...
• 49% more popular east of the Mississippi than west of the Mississippi
Boy Names With Similar Spelling
Girl Names With Similar Spelling
Average Age of Benjamin
Benjamin is older than 83% of all names
More information on Anderson by the Baby Name Institute
• What are the chances
a kid named Anderson will be the only kid named Anderson in his class?
• How does Anderson rank among the top 2,500
names of the year?