Main Origin Language: Scandinavian
In 2017 the name Gunnar...
• was given to 703 baby boys
• was the 437th most popular name for baby boys
• was 51% more popular than it was ten years ago
• was most popular in Wyoming, Alaska, and South Dakota
• was least popular in Hawaii, Maine, and Mississippi
Babies Named Gunnar Born Per Year
Created by BabyNameInstitute.com
Historically the name Gunnar...
• achieved it's highest popularity in 2015
• achieved it's lowest popularity in 1952
• is 3684% more common in the 2010s than it was in the 1950s
• is 150% more common in the 2010s than it was in the 1990s
Rank Popularity of Baby Name Gunnar Per State
Geographically the name Gunnar...
• 10% more popular west of the Mississippi than east of the Mississippi
Boy Names With Similar Spelling
Girl Names With Similar Spelling
Average Age of Benjamin
Benjamin is older than 83% of all names
More information on Gunnar by the Baby Name Institute
• What are the chances
a kid named Gunnar will be the only kid named Gunnar in his class?
• How does Gunnar rank among the top 2,500
names of the year?