Meaning: Rural Woods
Main Origin Language: English
In 2017 the name Sylvester...
• was given to 67 baby boys
• was the 2,057th most popular name for baby boys
• was 8% more popular than it was ten years ago
• was most popular in Florida, California, and Alaska
Babies Named Sylvester Born Per Year
Created by BabyNameInstitute.com
Historically the name Sylvester...
• achieved it's highest popularity in 1950
• achieved it's lowest popularity in 2007
• is 88% less common in the 2010s than it was in the 1950s
• is 43% less common in the 2010s than it was in the 1990s
Rank Popularity of Baby Name Sylvester Per State
Geographically the name Sylvester...
• 2% more popular west of the Mississippi than east of the Mississippi
Boy Names With Similar Spelling
Girl Names With Similar Spelling
Average Age of Benjamin
Benjamin is older than 83% of all names
More information on Sylvester by the Baby Name Institute
• What are the chances
a kid named Sylvester will be the only kid named Sylvester in his class?
• How does Sylvester rank among the top 2,500
names of the year?